fov and motion blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fov and motion blur

i have a feeling this is embarrassingly obvious, but ive got a scene where camera FOV is animated, going from wide to narrow over a short timeframe. rendering i noticed there was no motion blur (i was expecting quite heavy radial blurring). checked and its turned on.. animating cam position causes blur.

so im guessing that since there is no "motion" i should not get motion blur.. ? its annoying because the scene looks a bit rough without a blur smoothing out the zoom.

i can obviously animate the cam zooming in, but result wont be identical and cam is signed off. i guess a postproduction radial blur could be a hacky solution.

i

nobody care to offer an opinion or technical explanation? im still confused by this issue and asking around im met with similar confusion from other 3d people. should animating the fov on a camera cause motion blur or not?

Comment

Just tested this and it seems to work, however, the zoom should be quite fast to be able to see the effect properly.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

ok let me re-check and send scene if necessary.. i did try increasing the moblur settings to 10 frames to massively emphasise any effect, and still saw nothing.

Comment

Note that it works only with V-Ray and Native Physical cameras (not Standard cameras). To exaggerate the effect you can control the Shutter speed of the camera.
          Last edited by hermit.crab; 23-10-2023, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Also might want to play with shutter speed to accentuate the effect to get a nice crash zoom blur, as that will have the greatest impact, especially if you have a fixed number of frames for the
            particular sequence
            https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
              Note that it works only with V-Ray and Native Physical cameras (not Standard cameras). To exaggerate the effect you can control the Shutter speed of the camera.
              well that might explain something. i was using a standard cam and the moblur settings in the vray render dialog. i did try converting the cam to a vraycam, but disabled exposure (cant be messing with the look of the shot) i guess that means that, at the very least, the moblur settings in teh dialog were ignored..

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post

well that might explain something. i was using a standard cam and the moblur settings in the vray render dialog. i did try converting the cam to a vraycam, but disabled exposure (cant be messing with the look of the shot) i guess that means that, at the very least, the moblur settings in teh dialog were ignored..
                Yes, Physical cameras moblur is controlled through the camera only.

Comment

Working...
                X