No announcement yet.

Roof Tile Issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing result there Vu ... hehe even if the post is a handfull of months late

Great stuff... works really well. And thanks for the map.

Comment

DeJaVu - that's really cool... When do we get to see the final?
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

dejaVu- You win. I've been spending way too much time modeling my s-tile for a while now. Now why didn't I think of outputing to the z-buffer?

Thanks for your belated solution!

Comment

Thanks guys.
          Sorry , I know my post is a few months late. Have been too busy to go through all the Threads, so I am a few months behind.

VRay displacement rocks. We use the same technique to great effect for things like Weatherboards, Steel profiles, etc when it is close to the camera and a bump or diffuse map just wouldn't cut it.

jujubee: I started on the job and did the initial modeling and displacement map for the tiles, but had to move onto something else so wasn't involved in the final product. However, I'll ask my colleague to post it, but he's a bit of a shy guy...not like me
          hehehehe
          sigpic

Vu Nguyen
          -------------------------
          www.loftanimation.com.au

Comment

nice one vu
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Can anyone suppegt a good way using the same technique perhaps for Asphalt Arch Shingles...

Thanx

Eric
              Eric Camper
              Studio 3D
              www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

@EricCamper: For displacement with asphalt shingles just try a gradient tiled for each row (white at outer edge of shingle, black at inner edge). Then stick that gradient inside a procedrual tile map so there is a running bond type offset between rows of shingles, and also black lines between each shingle.

I've done exactly that for cedar shake, and I assume a wider tile pattern with smaller displacement would work for asphalt composite shingles.
                "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Eric,
                  The idea behind the displaced roof tiles is that you model a small tileable portion of your roof/wall etc. Then do a z-depth render of that to derive the displacement map.
                  It should work for most types of tiles and bricks, etc.
                  sigpic

Vu Nguyen
                  -------------------------
                  www.loftanimation.com.au

Comment

Working...
                  X