Rendering animation with LC's Fly-through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering animation with LC's Fly-through

when using fly-through, how do we know how many subdivs is enough? i have 1600 frames and if i render the LC map in every 30th frame with subdivs of 3200. does it mean i have only 60 subdivs on each frame?

3200/(1600/30)=60.38

please let me know, thanks.

Re: Rendering animation with LC's Fly-through

Originally posted by kwok3d
    render the LC map in every 30th frame
    what do u mean?
    to calculate ur LC in flythrough mode u just render as a single frame!
    still i woudn t know the answer to ur question ...i always use trial and error, so it would be nice to share some lights over this...
    Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
    nuno@ene-digital.com
    00351 917593145

Comment

I'd like to know the rule of thumb here too. Enexis is correct, you only calc the lightcache at frame 1 in flythrough mode, as the solution it takes in flythrough is for the whole motion of the camera in that scene, however how do we know how many subdivs are needed? If a still frame looks good with 1000 subdivs on the lightcache, should those settings increase and by how much for the flythrough calc?

Shaun
      ShaunDon

Comment

I also have a few questions about the lightcache flythrough feature:

1) What exactly happens "sample-wise" when calculating lightcache-flythrough in "screen" mode instead of "world" mode ?
        a one frame rendering of my animation with lightcache "screen" looks ok at 1000 subdivs, and the lightcache screen-mode-flythrough of the entire animation (4800 frames) is OK at 3000 subdivs

2) Why are single frame subdivs and entire animation screen-mode-flythrough subdivs almost the same compared to the samples needed in world mode ?

3) in screen-mode flythrough, are all the calculated samples from each single frame added together, or are only new samples added just like the "multiframe incremental" IRmap ?

(The manual states flythrough should be done in "world" mode, but to me it seems that screen mode works better for large complex scenes, also Vlado once pointed out that screen mode is the way to go if world mode crashes.)

Marco

Comment

Working...
        X