How can I view a V-ray raw image file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I view a V-ray raw image file

I must have missed the part about how to load a V-ray raw image file.
    I read the online documentation and I searched the forum but I couldn't find it.

Problem is I have now renderd a 5k file to disk without preview or frame buffer. What's the newt step to see it and resave it to something that will load in PS?

You can view it with an option under the Max File menu.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

file--open image

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I'll now crawl back underneath my rock

Comment

It's not obvious. There should also be a way to view it from the Render menus.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

I must admit I was hoping to be able to open it into a Vray framebuffer interface. Guess not

Comment

Better yet.. have a photoshop plugin....

Comment

better yet. have a combustion/shake/AE/Photoshop plugin hehehe

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
                  All true, but actually to be brutally honest, EXR is the true way to go. It is quickly becoming the standard, and technically speaking it can do all the the vrimg can and more.

Comment

Why is the VRimage so much bigger in file size than it's Tiff equivalent. I have a tiff file that's about 30mb and VRimage file is about 200mb!

Comment

does tiff contain all the different g-buffer elements?

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                        Originally posted by Da_elf
                        All true, but actually to be brutally honest, EXR is the true way to go. It is quickly becoming the standard, and technically speaking it can do all the the vrimg can and more.
                        The advantage of the vrimg is that it is written incrementally thus lowering the memory overhead.
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender

The advantage of the vrimg is that it is written incrementally thus lowering the memory overhead.
                          Technically speaking, it is possible to write out an exr the same way.

Comment

even better: it could save multiple resolutions per file (like dds can save mipmaps in one file)
                            would be great for high-quality textures
                            from http://www.openexr.com/ReadingAndWritingImageFiles.pdf
                            In an OpenEXR file, pixel data can be stored either as scan lines or as tiles. Files that store pixels as tiles
                            can also store multiresolution images.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.edel
                              even better: it could save multiple resolutions per file (like dds can save mipmaps in one file)
                              would be great for high-quality textures
                              from http://www.openexr.com/ReadingAndWritingImageFiles.pdf
                              That is the way that Renderman TX file format works for their textures. We were able to have gigs and gigs or textures for a render and it would dynamically load the texture resolution which made texture size a non-issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X