LWF method in 1.5.RC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LWF method in 1.5.RC2

I'm not pro in this 'linear' thing, so I'd like to hear from u veterans.

Now that there's this 'gamma' spinner in vraycolormapping rollout.
    My question is, do we still need to follow the previous LWF methods (either by using the gamma correction 0.454545 method, or by linear colormap method) ?

or just set the gamma to 2.2, render in VFB with sRGB turned OFF, and it's done?

regards
    Harry G

You can do that by specifying 2.2 but you still have to go into max preferences and adjust gamma/settings there to 2.2.

Specifying it in colormapping 'burns' it into the image with this method which is a little bit slower and more accurate, versus hitting the sRGB button which applies it in post (making a darker image look brighter) which would be faster but less accurate.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

max preference is gamma 2.2

so, that means if i use
      - Linear Colormapping, set the gamma to 2.2, render to VFB with sRGB turned off

the result will be the same as using
      - Gamma correction colormapping, gamma 1.0, inverse gamma 0.454545, render to VFB with sRGB turned off
      - Gamma correction colormapping, gamma 2.2, inverse gamma 1.0, render to VFB with sRGB turned off

and each one will produce a 'baked' gamma in the resulting render?
      Harry G

Comment

Yes you are correct. Or leave everything to 1.0 and just hit the sRGB button. Don't forget to adjust your Max preferences.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
        X