Raw file crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw file crash

I have an exterior scene of a hotel with several 3D vehicles and 3D people in it. I can render the hotel alone at 2400 X 1800 with a time of only 40 minutes, but as soon as I put the people and vehicles in the scene Max crashes do to memory. I switched to saving as a raw image which seems to help with the memory issue, but then it says that it'll take something like 50 hours to calculate the LightCache alone. I would hate to have to render regions of each person and vehicle and then compile then in photoshop. Any ideas what to do? Thanks

try changing from static geometry to dynamic in system rollout. Tried sending to backburner?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I just tried playing around with my scene again and it keeps crashing. I had previously changed from static to dynamic thinking that it would help but it was a no go. All I have besides the main structure is 2 dosch vehicles and 6 Axyz people in the scene. All are 3D and not RPC, so what is the problem? The vehicles are pretty big files, but I think the people are quite small. The model renders fine without the vehicles or the people. When I try to render out at 1700 X 1100 as a RAW image the Light Cache calculation time go through the roof, plus I can tell that MAX is about to crash do to lack of memory (even though I have 2G).

Comment

what ver. of 3dsmax/vray?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Max 8, Vray 1.5

Comment

maybe export your mesh? Never done it myself but have heard of it ...
            vraymesh ... any expert? Compositing is a great way to go ... don't hate
            methods that works.

best regards,
            Victor NSY
            Studio Max 2009 x64
            X5000 Chipset | Dual Core Intel 5140 | 4G RAM | Nvidia FX3450 drv 6.14.10.9185

Comment

I've had dosch vehicles cause crashes. I recall it was a problem wth materials. good luck

Comment

yup, gotta keep an eye out for raytrace mats on those dosch cars.

Comment

Working...
                X