Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lightcache catch

hi all

I made some test and I could not find an answer...
    when I prerender the lightcache in world units and then reuse it, is the lightcache rendered for the whole scene or is it viewdepended?
    the problem is this, do I have to animate the cam in the scene to catch the whole light for the lightcache?

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

the world units just change how you express the sample size.
    The animation mode is what you need to calculate for the entire camera path (not the whole scene)

Am i right, ppl?

Lele

Comment

Yeah, setting it to "world" just changes how, and to a certain extent, where the samples are taken. For "Fly-through" mode setting it to "world" ensures that your sample density is consistent throughout the camera animation path. This explains it all pretty well-->http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...ials_imap2.htm
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

i think photon mapping was the only one that could capture a full global solution

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Irradiance and Light cache are definito camera dependento!

best regards,
          Victor NSY
          Studio Max 2009 x64
          X5000 Chipset | Dual Core Intel 5140 | 4G RAM | Nvidia FX3450 drv 6.14.10.9185

Comment

Working...
          X