Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI calcs in progress, start rendering frames? (backburner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI calcs in progress, start rendering frames? (backburner)

Here is the situation. I have an animation, about 6000 frames. It's 50% through the GI calcs (incremental irr map, and LC).

I submitted the GI calcs through backburner, and it is being calculated by one machine. Can I have the other machines start the rendering process while the other one is still calculating the Irr map?

I don't want to try, and have it fail, unless someone says, yeah, it will work.

My biggest concern is if vray locks the ir map when loading to render, then the machine that is calculating the GI can write to it.

There may be problems; if a render slave tries to read the .vrmap file at the same time as a machine tries to write it, you'll get a mess.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That's what I have found, Vray could od it, but the network traffic and OS dont allow it. Shame really!

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
        There may be problems; if a render slave tries to read the .vrmap file at the same time as a machine tries to write it, you'll get a mess.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Thats what I figured.
        thanks.

Comment

It might work better if you were to copy the file to a new location occasionally with task scheduler( or something) and read it from there, not sure if a copy would conflict with a write but at least the chance of a collision would be greatly reduced.
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Working...
          X