Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody tested and using open EXR's daily with Vray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tested and using open EXR's daily with Vray?

Hi

My Question is like above...

I wonder how it goes with Vray and if it's implements like standard HDRI or squeezed more information like it suppose to ? similar question is about using paralax mapping comparisingly to for example with vray displacement mod...but i think i should start another topic into that...

greetz

czaps
    ...be yourself...

It works like a charm and VRay can output fully linear images with all elements in one exr sequence. It's great and we built our pipeline around it...two enthusiastically lifted thumbs from me

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

That's what i thought so Thorsten... made small test and it seems to works fine ... Thanks man keep my thumb wih U

greetz
      ...be yourself...

Comment

czaps, please make your avatar smaller. And check your messages. thanks.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

percydaman... You are welcome to make You avatar bigger if U like, however yours is even bigger than mine so i don't know what's the problem ?

greetz

czaps
          ...be yourself...

Comment

the problem is not the total size, but mainly the width...It offsets the content area of the forum to the right wich makes it hard to read...

Besides yours is a lot biggers then percys (yours is 26.4k pixels while percy's is 16.95k pixels )

Regards,
            Thorsten

Comment

ok i got it .... will fix it soon... sorry

greetz

czaps
              ...be yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by instinct
                Besides yours is a lot biggers then percys (yours is 26.4k pixels while percy's is 16.95k pixels )
                I think he meant in file size . Gotta agree though, that's one wide avatar.
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

I render out to .exr file in linear space too, but I have never rendered out elements at the same time.

Do they get stored within the exr image, and could I extract them in PS or AE?

Thanks

Comment

Just discovered the ProEXR plugins for PS and AE CS3. I really wish I had CS3 now!!!

Check the link out,

http://www.fnordware.com/ProEXR/

Comment

Originally posted by czaps
                      percydaman... You are welcome to make You avatar bigger if U like, however yours is even bigger than mine so i don't know what's the problem ?

greetz

czaps
                      ps. Percy is a moderator
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

Hey Percy is right dude ... please down size it ! your wasting space...
                        Natty
                        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

ok I hope I won't waste anybody's else space anymore. Avatar has been replaced with other one ( smaller).

greetz

czaps
                          ...be yourself...

Comment

Working...
                          X