Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calculating white balance colour

heres a question.

cameras today are able to calculate the correct WB to use..you can do this by taking a photo of a light gray/white board, and then the camera is able to calculate the correct WB to use based apon the photo taken (pro cameras are able to make a custom WB that falls outside of the 9 or so WB presets)

So would it be posible to set up a phisical camera/vray sun/sky, get the image correctly exposed...and then place a gray board in the scene and from the RBG info gathered from the gray card calculate the correct colour to place in the WB slot of the Vray camera?

obvisoly this could be just done by eye, guessing the colour, or adjusting the "daylight" preset...but i would be intrested to know if theres a way to calculate it like a real phisical camera?
    mdi-digital.com

Yep:

1) Set the white balance to white;
    2) Render the grey board image;
    3) Take the RGB value of a pixel from the grey board image and put this as the RGB values of the white balance color;
    4) Now when you render, the grey board will indeed be grey.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hahaha, never thought it would be that easy!!!

mdi-digital.com

Comment

What i do in the exposimeter is exactly similar, only i do it on an average pixel colour.
        It may be worth trying to do it with an override material applied, indeed, rather than with the user materials in the scene.
        As a side note, i noticed that if i use full saturation colours i get an entirely blue image with color = to 0,0,#ind
        A bug or a feature?
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^
          What i do in the exposimeter is exactly similar, only i do it on an average pixel colour.
          It may be worth trying to do it with an override material applied, indeed, rather than with the user materials in the scene.
          As a side note, i noticed that if i use full saturation colours i get an entirely blue image with color = to 0,0,#ind
          A bug or a feature?
          exposimeter ??
          mdi-digital.com

Comment

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=20175
            Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
            nuno@ene-digital.com
            00351 917593145

Comment

Originally posted by ene.xis
              http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20175
              ohhhhh...he aint half clever !

dl now...cheers for the heads up...and cheers ^Lele^
              mdi-digital.com

Comment

can t really live without all those funky tools nowadays, thanx Lele, again and again!
                Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                nuno@ene-digital.com
                00351 917593145

Comment

Working...
                X