Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luminous power of Vray Light

Hi

I am exploring a litttle of light theroy on Vray and i am facing some questions about luminous power on a vray light.

Through my search, I found at many place that a incandecent bult of 40W emit around 500lm. This is confirm by the efficacy of lights who say that a 40W incandescent bulb would generate 12.6lm/W = 504 lm. This is the outpout of the light source and in a Vray light, you would put a luminous power and put 504 to have a 40W bulb. When I do it, the result is a equivalent of a multiplier of .343 who is very low.

Even if I don't count the effiency of light and I say that there is no lost, where 1W = 683lm it's give me 40W*683lm/W = 27320lm = multiplier of 18.6. that reslut is way too high for a 40W bulb.

I get something wrong but where? Is it my comprehension of Vray Light? Must I work in luminance and start with the light I want on the surface and not the emmited light?

Thanks

It is best to set the units to "Luminous power" and just enter directly the value in lumens (e.g. 504 or whatever). It is also important to use correct system units for your scene.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      It is best to set the units to "Luminous power" and just enter directly the value in lumens (e.g. 504 or whatever). It is also important to use correct system units for your scene.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      ... and which system units are correct?

Comment

The ones that you modelled your scene in (e.g. if you light a room, and you used meters for system units, the room must be with the size of a normal e.g. a few meters long/wide, not 10x10 centimeters or something).

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X