Decal mapping woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decal mapping woes

Trying to get a decal onto a plastic cup and i came accross this post http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ighlight=decal
    can someone tell my why this has to have unwrap uvw to work? I have avoided UVW unwraps like the plague over the years and now theya re back to a hunt me.

I need to cylindrically wrap the logo (I am just using a dummy guinness logo in this case) onto the cup and i though I could just use a UVW MAP - If I do that however the logo is barely visibly when it is rendered. If I paste in the uvw unwrap modifier from the other post it comes in planar so I cant use that. Here is the scene, http://www.coastal-cottage.com/temp/cup1_temp.zip

My model is the large cup and the small glass thingie beside it is from the link listed above.

any help would be much appreciated,

Tom
    Last edited by tom182; 29-09-2008, 01:15 PM.
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

It says file not found...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hey, trust me, i tried to stay away from unwrap for a while but its worth learning

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

oops
        File is there now,
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tom182 View Post
          can someone tell my why this has to have unwrap uvw to work? I have avoided UVW unwraps like the plague over the years and now theya re back to a hunt me.
          it shouldn't make any difference whether you unwrap it or not, if the logo is barely visible it's more likely to be a shader problem rather than a mapping one.

but as long as unwrapping goes I can't see why you would avoid it, really often it's the fastest and more efficient way to paint maps (and sometimes the only one).

Comment

all sorted ;o)

Comment

Working...
            X