Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixels vs Settings

Hi

I print my render images at A3 for client meetings. So for these renders is it better to render at low settings and higher image pixel size or higher settings and low image pixel size?

Thanks

I'd say higher settings because upping the resolution is a fixed amount of additional "sampling" whereas higher settings are adaptive and always try to only sample as much as needed to achieve a certain noise level.

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

well... i not really agree.. more pixels means more chances to get a correct sampling....
      i've tested some moths ago a 640*480 with 1-64 (universal method) compared to a 1280*960 at 1-48 and result is almost the same...

about your irrmap : a -4 -1 irrmap at 640*480 will give (almost) same result than -5 -2 at 1280*960

in other hand, you need to raise your lightcache subdivs (theorically your need to twice the value each time the rendersize double). In practical, a raise by 150/160% is enough to keep almost same LC quality

if you're using DE, be sure to raise the radius value if your raise your rendersize
      Jérôme Prévost.
      SolidRocks, the V-Ray Wizard.
      http://solidrocks.subburb.com

Comment

Thanks for your input.I am rather new to V-ray. So could you please tell me what sort of render settings you would do for a A3 render? The renders are of interoir and exterior buildings.

Thanks

Comment

When you edit stuff in post (photoshop etc.) its better to have higher resolution. In many cases AA simply is not the answer. With passes like ZDepth and masks you shouldn't have any AA.

You should simply work at so high resolution you need very little AA. In ideal case it'd be so high resolution you don't need ANY AA.
          http://www.ylilammi.com/

Comment

Working...
          X