dome light with texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dome light with texture

Is there any way to preview your texture placement with a dome light?

ie: I've loaded an HDR image with a sun, and want to rotate the dome light into the desired orientation.

Thanks
    Bryan

The dome light rotation does not really matter (except for the z-axis). You have to adjust the placement of the environment map itself. You can show the environment map in the viewport and work from there.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I've tried unsuccessfully to get the environment to show up in the view port. Tried a few different files... I suspect I'm missing something basic. Is there any step beyond plugging a file into bg texture/reflection texture with 'override environment' ticked on?

I've also tried to use the mentalrayIbl node to get viewport feedback and link that to the corresponding VRayPlaceEnvTex node, but things don't seem to sync properly.

Comment

Sorry for the very slow response.
        Viewing the V-Ray environment texture in the viewport was not actually implemented until today. I guess Vlado thought you were asking about 3ds max. So, it is not your mistake and the first service pack should have that option.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Good news, looking forward to it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X