Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Environment fog scattering VraySun properly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment fog scattering VraySun properly?

I'm looking to reproduce the effect of the sunlight scattering through fog / mist, see attached image below. I naturally thought of VraySun / VraySky with Environment Fog. However, it didn't work the way I wanted. The sun light affects the fog, sure, but only in an uniform way, regardless of the sun's position. However, when I'm using a VrayLight, it does just what I want. I'm guessing that it's due to the fact that the VraySun "disc" doesn't have any place in the world (poor bastard), so it doesn't really have any starting point where the light should start scatter when entering the mist, but that's just me guessing.

Essentially, what I want is: when looking at the sun through the mist, the mist should light up due to the scattered sun light. When looking the other way, the mist would be the "ordinary" color.

Is there any way to do this with VraySun and not have to resort to adding VrayLights where the sun should be? I tried it, and it's hard to make it work on large scales.

This is the effect I'm after:

Also, when rendering with an invisible VrayLight, the shape is still visible in the fog. I'm guessing it's because the light's energy is so high inside the light shape itself. However, it would be ideal if one could make it completely invisible, leaving only the scattered light behind.

Originally posted by Undersky View Post
    Essentially, what I want is: when looking at the sun through the mist, the mist should light up due to the scattered sun light. When looking the other way, the mist would be the "ordinary" color.
    This is not possible right now as the fog scatters light uniformly, but should be possible once we add the scattering phase parameter.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. Looks like you've already thought of it then =) Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
      X