Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• use a Back burner to compute camfly prepass

Hi,
    Is there a trick to do the camera fly prepass using slaves with backburner !

I dind't find and i'm actually using the animation prepass mode to use my 30 Backbuner slaves
    Looks stupid but can be faster than using a single slave

Any advice would be welcome

the "use camera path" just renders a single frame but calculates the irradiance map and lightcache for the whole camera move. if you want you can use the backburner to start a DR if thats ok for you. but otherwise BB wouldnt really be needed. I usually use that trick since it frees up my work computer to do other stuff while thats being calculated

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Would be really usefull to use 40 slaves that would generate each a solution for the image they render.
      Then a fusioning tool would be used to merge the 40 solution in one for finalrendering !

That must be done for a perfect workflow !

So much power lost for prepass

Comment

do it as a DR

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

We can't use DR !
          I just can't remove slaves from BB.

We are about 10 graphists working on 5 different projects.
          Would be a complete mess to use DR.

Merging prepass solution is something done from a long time on another renderers !
          I guess Chaos could do that too with no problem

thanks for helping anyway

Comment

Erm, you can do this. Check out the Irradiance Map Viewer, this tool allows you to merge the gi passes. There is also a nice script floating around where you can do this directly in max, i guess it was from rerender but cant remember, something like imap...
            www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Originally posted by Olli96 View Post
              Erm, you can do this. Check out the Irradiance Map Viewer, this tool allows you to merge the gi passes. There is also a nice script floating around where you can do this directly in max, i guess it was from rerender but cant remember, something like imap...
              Haha !
              great info, i'll look at it

Thanks

Comment

Found it: http://varcht.net/index.php?option=c...d=13&Itemid=28
                www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Working...
                X