few ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few ideas

This morning I made a little simple reactor animation, rendered with medium animation settings, and it simply take too long.
    I was thinking about instead of always rerender the whole scene wouldn't it be much easier if all moving objects would have a bounding box,sphere etc, and samples only needed to calculate where those bounding volumes new and previous location be/were intersects with other objects.

Imagine, a street cars, people, trees, grass, buildings etc, but only few cars moves, some people here and there, but have to recalculate the whole scene again or use some tricky work in compositing softwares.
    Most of the time gi shadows of the moving objects doesnt affect too far distances and direct light shadows anyway calculated separate.
    Am I missing something?

The other ideas also use bounding volumes but the idea is to be able to separate areas for different GI settings, for example on a indoor-outdoor secene, let say my dealut settings is just 1 bounce, but inside the building want 4-5 bounces even with different multipliers. This maybe doesnt makes as much sense like the other one, but could be very usefull.
    (scene setup much easier, no color killing by color mapping and so on)

This two I think relativ easy to implement, no need much changes. (by my very limited knowledge )

Thats is for now. What do you think?

I think I remember hearing something about Brazil being able to do something like this but with MAXs groups?

--Jon

Comment

<The other ideas also use bounding volumes but the idea is to be able to separate areas for different GI settings, for example on a indoor-outdoor secene, let say my dealut settings is just 1 bounce, but inside the building want 4-5 bounces even with different multipliers. This maybe doesnt makes as much sense like the other one, but could be very usefull. >

yes, with brazil u can separate near and far group of objects, simply change single grid to Manual Hybrid for faster GI.

Comment

That trick, using grouping and Manual Hybrid Acceleration, is obsolete. It only applied in the old public betas of Brazil.

Tassos Ringas

Comment

Ahhh, so it has to do with reflection/refraction? VRay may do this automatic also now that I think about it. Guess it's not really the same as what losbellos has described. Very good idea losbellos

--Jon

Comment

Working...
          X