filtering for pal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filtering for pal

I´m strugling whith renderings for pal resolution. Does someone know a good filter for pal resolution?

I´m having a very detailed bacground and its hard avoide flimer whithout bluring it to much.

/Daniel
    Daniel Westlund

i usually put a small vertical blur to the rendering in after effects.
    this stops the flimmering on a tv
    Reflect, repent and reboot.
    Order shall return.

Comment

I have tryed to ad gausian blur in ae not only vertical but in my experience you have to blur it quite a bit to get ryd of the flime. I´l try it.

Thanx

Daniel
      Daniel Westlund

Comment

We usually use a 0.6-0.8 vertical blur in AE, tammo has right, but most of the cases can't avoid field rendering. Some times the reelsmart motion blur is a great godsend too!

Best regards,
        Palee

Comment

What about the different filters in max? Whitch one do you recomend? To me the areafilter looks best.

/D
          Daniel Westlund

Comment

IMHO these different filters are needed in the very few cases, some times I use Mitchell-Netravali, but when you work in the broadcast industry, the field rendering, the blurs, noises will hide the AA failures. Furthermore in this kind of works time is always a BIG problem ; these filters increase the rendertime slightly.
            But if you mind, in the MAX help you can find a pretty detailed description about how filters work.

Best regards,
            Palee

Comment

thanks to you all.

/D
              Daniel Westlund

Comment

Working...
              X