Car Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Paint

Does anybody know of any tutorials covering car paint and reflections. I am a newby to modeling and rendering, I am using Max 5 and the free Vray.

Not sure about a tutorial but I can give a few tips. The effect that car paint gives is basically from a layered paint. One is a somewhat flat coat and then you have a glass like coat. With VRay free you can try it like this:

First set up a Shellac material type then build the following...

Base material: Standard with Blinn shader and no specular. Place a Prp/ Prl Falloff in the Diffuse channel and vary the saturation and value of the two color swatches.

Shellac material: Standard with VRayMap in Reflection slot, Fresnel falloff in VRayMap slot.

Set the blend between the two materials to some value around 100.

Good luck and this is just a starting point. You should change all of these settings due to the quality, type and general color of your paint job.

Nice work on the modeling so far

--Jon

Comment

Thanks -Jon, I'll give it a go and play around a bit.
      Merry Christmas!

Comment

How do I cast Shadows on a white plane. The shadows are visible on the plane untill I make the plane white in color? I would like to make it look like my model is in a completely empty white room with only shadows from the lights. I am new to 3d so any advice appreciated, using Max5.

Comment

here a tut : http://emregoren.iwarp.com/Tutorials/CarRendering/
          for brazil but it can be for any renderer

hope this help
          fred

Comment

Working...
          X