high res like 12000 x 9000 pixels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high res like 12000 x 9000 pixels

does anyone know what fileformat to use? is it posible?

thanks

Daniel
    Daniel Westlund

You must use slice rendering to do this if max gives you an error creating bitmap.
    Regards

Comment

thanks

/D
      Daniel Westlund

Comment

Okay, I'll bite- why? Sheeeeesh

Peter

Comment

cus I need a big picture. like 140 x 100 cm. 200 dpi. To print as a
          lambdaprint.
          Daniel Westlund

Comment

allso I tryed with jpg. and it couldn´t make it that big. The dokumet was empty.

/(D
            Daniel Westlund

Comment

I'd render using 'blowup' or 'region' to get segments (w/overlap) of the frame using .tga or .tif, in Pshop convert the segs to .psd, as it is a smaller, easier to handle file than either .tga or .tif (the biggest).

Also wait till your assembly work is done before converting to CMYK, as it again keeps the file smaller. For best results, apply curves if necessary, only in CMYK.

Then it's just a matter of flipping it to what the printer reguires for file format. Good luck.

Peter

Comment

The slice thing in network render works well I think. I tryed .png but it seems PS have a truble with it at larger scale when coming to savecomand, so I ended up using .tif. Anyway, thanks fore the advice.

/Daniel
                Daniel Westlund

Comment

Slice? Where did you find that?

Region yes I can find it but slice. Is that Max 6?

-Lander

Comment

here is a work around that ive just suggested to someone on mirc #vray
                    use the script called region net render or Macro_RNR202 is the filename.
                    this will split your render into small images region rendering it. Then with the click of a button you can piece it back together again. also if you have your scene setup for network rendering this script can also act as a DR for those of you without DR in max6. Its not as good a solution as DR but its a darned good work around.

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

lol Sun, That was me

I was all over the place trying to find the solution.

-Thanks

Comment

How come that when using the "region net render" script, It doesn't use the saved irradiancemap? I have double checked use "from file" and set a network path to it and it still calculates the iraddiancemap on my submitted jobs. Only one Direct light + environment.

I split a big image (12000x5660) so that the submittted images were 4000x2830 and tho they renderd fine they didn't save to disc also this path was set tru the network. Using tif as fileformat.

Why is this?

-Lander

Comment

Working...
                        X