Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workstations advice. Intel or opteron ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly Elf.. Im gonna not save by buying cheap ram regardless of what brand or type of processor I buy... When you have a gig or more of ram, it had better be good quality regardless...

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Well this is so long since the original post you probably already purchased something. If so what did you get? We purchase our machine from a company called BoXX Technologies, They sell both Intel and AMD processors so they could tell you specifics on pluses and minus of both machines. Their machines are built specifically for modeling/ animation and video editing(<--- different type of machine for that) We also found them to be much much much cheaper than Dell or some of the other main stream computer companies. I am sure you could build one cheaper still, but then you have to support it yourself which we have done in the past and has been a big headache. Anyway we have dual AMD opterons and have been very happy with their performance. Most of our problems on a daily basis are not machine related but rather software or bad plug-ins (no i am not talking about Vray)...lol we love it I just thought i would add a positive AMD thread.

Comment

Working...
      X