Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRAY Maya 2013 MAC OSX....does it actually work for anyone?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY Maya 2013 MAC OSX....does it actually work for anyone?????

Has anyone got VRAY working with Maya 2013 and Mac.

Have just spent the last 3 days training with an experienced vary user, admittedly he works in 3 ds Max mainly and on a souped up pc , however we are both astounded at the amount of time renders are taking.

Specs are Maya 2013_ MAc osx.. 2x2.293 Quad Core. 24 gig ram, Nividea 4800

It really does seem as this is really not working on the MAC, and we would be very interested to here other Mac/Maya users experience's.
    Have just rendered 1 frame in VRay 13 minutes, the same setup in Mental ray, two minutes.

My trainer has spent two days tweaking set ups to try and optimise render settings and its just not working for us.

Any help , advice, or tips would be greatly appreciated as
    Thanks in advance.

Works perfectly fine here... Sounds like your V-Ray settings aren't set up for fast rendering.
    Running the latest official release on a 12-core Mac Pro with no problems. Try updating to the latest service pack though.
    /Bard
    www.hellobard.com
    Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

VRAY Maya 2013 MAC OSX....does it actually work for anyone?????

Thats great to hear, Thanks Bard.
      What service pack are you running??
      And any tips you can share in regard to fast rendering set ups??
      I have tried everything I can think of and renders are still taking forever.
      We have quite a simple scene of an automobile in a white studio, nothing overly complicated.
      I am so eager to get it working because all the automobile stuff i am seeing from Vray is fantastic.
      and I am so keen to to get it rendered.
      Thanks Again, appreciate your response.Happy to send scene file or set ups if it helps.
      Potsie.

Comment

You could send us a sample scene that is giving you problems to vraymaya@chaosgroup.com; our support guys might have some tips for you.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by potsie View Post
          Thats great to hear, Thanks Bard.
          What service pack are you running??
          And any tips you can share in regard to fast rendering set ups??
          I have tried everything I can think of and renders are still taking forever.
          I'm running the Service Pack 1 from Autodesk for Maya 2013 and 2.30.1 of V-Ray from Chaosgroup.com and I'm on OS X 10.6.8. Your Mac should do pretty decent render speeds with 2x4 cores, but it all depends on your settings. I'd recommend checking out some online tutorials (evermotion have some great ones for stills) and testing other people's setups first. Digital Tutors and FXPHD have some excellent tutorials for beginners.
          /Bard
          www.hellobard.com
          Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

It is best to leave the Tree build quality option to Low (http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya...ams_system.htm). Usually we don't advise our users to change that options. The parameters can help you only if your scene is with million polygons.
            Also, to decrease your render time further I would advise you to use Irradaince and Brute force (BF) for your GI engines. If you want to stick to BF+BF approach, you might want to decrease your brute force Subdivs and Depth values.
            Last edited by Zdravko; 06-08-2012, 11:22 PM.
            Best regards,
            Zdravko Keremidchiev
            Technical Support Representative

Comment

Originally posted by Zdravko View Post
              It is best to leave the Tree build quality option to Low (http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya...ams_system.htm). Usually we don't advise our users to change that options. The parameters can help you only if your scene is with million polygons.
              When we have a lot of proxy with million polygons + texture into tiled exr, the Tree build quality help for the memory or for the speed ?
              Is it stable ?
              www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
                When we have a lot of proxy with million polygons + texture into tiled exr, the Tree build quality help for the memory or for the speed ?
                No, the option doesn't affect proxies or tiled exr files.

Is it stable ?
                No; that's why I said it would be best to leave it alone

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X