"Everything has fresnel!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ekenryd,

If I understand the curve correctly, toward the left (X-axis) is getting closer to the glancing angle and the higher the Y-axis the higher reflective. I did two test renders shown in below with a reverse node inserted. A solid blue is specified as the environment color.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	curve_fresnel_control_01.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	845997 lower reflectivity when faced dead-on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	curve_fresnel_control_02.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	845998 higher reflectivity when faced dead-on.
    always curious...

Comment

I don't know if I'm tired and missing something but I get the same result without the reverse-node. Leftmost on X is 0* for me, see screenshot.
      Attached Files

Comment

My bad Ekenryd. I plugged the remap node into the fresnel IOR of the VRay Mtl, instead of the Reflection Amount (assuming this is where you plugged the remap node to?). Thank you for the screen shot.
        always curious...

Comment

http://refractiveindex.info/?group=METALS&material=Gold

Now if i understand, we must to recreate the same curve as the "Reflection calculator", "Direction in" ?
          www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
            http://refractiveindex.info/?group=METALS&material=Gold

Now if i understand, we must to recreate the same curve as the "Reflection calculator", "Direction in" ?
            Heya

Its something I ask vlado before some time a go...

We need to find out vray wavelenght at which its calculating its physics as far as I remember. And from that number we pick index (n is for IOR, k is for exstinction if I remember correctly) Not sure if this web will give us R G B IOR values per material...
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Working...
            X