YALT (Yet another linear thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok update, hopefully my complete fit of stupidity is over
    So, photoshop is where I was falling down and the worst part of this is I new this once upon a time.

Calibrate using Eye-one and pro calibrator 6500k @gamma 2.2 120 luminace (LCD)
    Using VRay 1/1/2.2 (dont affect colors), Load ICC generated above
    render saving EXR 1.0 gamma.
    In photoshop assign the same calibration ICC as default RGB color profile
    All is much more accurate, there still appears to be a differnce, a small one
    which I guess is from photoshop converting, but even using no color management appears
    to result in a slight difference. So focus is sort of back to the beginning to sort out how to get
    the profile loaded in the VFB and the one in photoshop looking the same.

When client wants adobe RGB convert from monitor profile to adobe rgb 1998 profile not assign so
    the conversion looks up the and assigns the correct colors from one to the other.

If any of this breaks will post it, now I know why no one from Chaos answered, trying to figure out how to respond without
    making me look like more of an idiot

---edit
    Also just set windows to Adobe RGB, VRay VFB to Adobe RGB and Photoshop to Adobe RGB
    and have a good match, of course, but the problem remains of hand off to someone else
    for now inside that is also calibrated to the same target 6500k/2.2

Maybe back to what you said Morne about sRGB all the way then convert
    Last edited by Dman3d; 25-01-2013, 04:50 PM.
    "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Comment

Bah! I did a search before all this and still managed to miss this thread, clears up alot of it
      http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ht=color+space
      "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Comment

Hi All,

to keep the colours consistent between the vfb and photoshop you just need to assign the icc profile when you open the render in photoshop and then convert it to srgb to deliver to the client.

Regards,

Giacomo.

Comment

Working...
        X