Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering only shades of diffuse color with Elements

Hi

I got a question here on if it's possible and i haven't really figured it out so i'm hoping someone might give me some insight.

The problem is such - i need to produce a transparent image that would only include a grayscale information on shadows and objects diffuse color variation. The diffuse color would only need Saturation and Value present so it's RGB value would be irrelevant.

Now the point of this is - beeing able to change the actual diffuse color of the object by just changing part of an underlying laying for the image. Let's say you have a blue box, now that blue color would have different saturation and value inputs based on the side of the box. The theory is - if the general diffuse RGB value is removed and the grayscale only is left and is transparent then you could just set a constant color underneath that layer and then you get a different color box shaded.

This is so complicated due to the need for it to be interactive on the web so that the user can chane to whatever color he likes.

I tried with the various elements, but none would give me the needed results.

It would be a simple interior scene.

Any kind of input is appreciated

Regards
    Maris

after little more checking it seems as shadow and dirt map merged would get me a good way there, but i can't seem to get only the dark areas from dirt map without the white ones...

Comment

Doesn't the setup in the thread below work for you? I used it to change the diffuse color of an object in the scene:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...746#post560746

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i'll give a go with the multimatte element.

Comment

Working...
        X