IES linear light in Vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IES linear light in Vray

I have an IES file for a 12FT fluorescent hanging light fixture. I can get the file to work correctly in mental ray, but in vray
    it seems to "project" the light emission straight up at the ceiling, rather than emitting light correctly. The light should be cast
    downward out of the fixture and upwards reflecting out onto the ceiling. I got it to work in mental ray by creating a cylindrical
    area light, attaching a photo-metric light, and plugging my light profile "IES" into that. I tried changing the Light Shape, but that
    does not seem to change a thing. Rotating the light changes the pattern projected onto the ceiling, but not correctly. Essentially
    what should be cast vertically out of the "fixture" gets projected flat onto the ceiling.

Can you show me an image (or post the scene + the IES file)?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sure vlado, here you go.
      This is a simple version of my scene, IES file, and render. The current setup in the scene is with mental ray as I have not found a way to get this IES file to work in Vray.
      Thanks for taking the time to look at it!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello pwn1n

In our tests we got a very similar results between Vray-IES and Mray-IES.
        What we've done is the remove all IES-lights except one and move it at the center of the scene > we have then save two versions of this scene , one for Vray and one for Mray.
        Then in Vray scene we have created new VrayIESLight and assigned the same IES-profile - after that we have copied MrayIES-transform parameters into Vray-one except rotate-x parameter and both renders generate the same result.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-vray.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	847530Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-mray.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	847531
        1.Vray ...................2.Mray

Scenes>>344_IES_issue.zip
        Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 15-05-2013, 04:49 AM.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X