Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray timing comparisons

Hi,

I am looking at doing some timing comparisons between renderers, in particular Brazil and Vray. I was wondering if anyone could explain in detail what slows down Brazil and Vray.
    Is it motion blur, area lights, depth of field, raytracing reflections, refractions, shadows etc?

I need to create some scenes that hi-lite each packages weaknesses in terms of render speed.
    If you also have some example scenes, with images and timings that you could post, this would be very helpful. I have a scene that I can give you if you are willing to partake in this speed comparison.

If you are a serious user of either of these packages I would be very interested in your experiences.

Sorry Brian, but it looks like everyone may be a little tired of this topic (not trying to be down but just from experience). If you need it for a purchasing plan or something I'd suggest doing a few searches on this and other forums. Many people have created and posted there tests but try to remember that sometimes there is biased involved due to the testers use and need for the rendering package.

Good luck.... VRay ROCKS

Oh, and very nice work on your site

--Jon

Comment

Working...
    X