Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do iuse HDRI for interior renderings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do iuse HDRI for interior renderings?

There are many tutorials in using it for exterior but what bout interiors, iam an architect and am looking for a solution in implementing this technology in my renderings?

could someone point me in the right direction.

thanx

iamnoelr

I tried this out, you could use vraylight as skylight portal and shoot photons from it. It will look very nice, and with the photon mapping u can get very good results.
    Only thing to keep in mind make the sun or whatever u have the brightest on your map towards the windows so the most of the energy can came in, and also otherwise it might color too much your interior. (like at sunset the clouds and everything is very blue-red-orange whatever)

Ah I forgot to tell that I used two hdri maps. The one in the max enviroment with multiplier 1 or something "normal" and in the vrayenviroment slot a copy of the hdri map (u have to make a copy in the material slot rename and then>) but with multiplier 10-15. Deepends on hdri.
    So u should get very nive and realistic stuff.
    Unfourtunately I didnt save the image, and everything since it was demo anyway.

Comment

u can still use with irradiance map also but I found for the good result u need 150Subdivs and 40-50 interpolation.

Also in photonmapping to u might need to use color mapping too(hsv)

Comment

thanx for the reply but iwanted to use HDRi to light my room not the vray light to get the effect i want. Is it just the HDri light will just come in thru the opening? or windows?

I was wondering if the interior space is totally enclosed without any openings is it possible to use HDRI maps to light the room.

Thanx a lot to all.

iamnoelr

Comment

read it again please, VrayLight AS SKYLIGHT portal.
          So what it does? It does "transfer" the 'light' from the hdri or simple color skylight into the interior by placing at the window opening.

U can also use only hdri to light up, but that would make much more time to get nice results, since u will need to use high Hemispherical subdivs to get smooth result.

Comment

thanx a lot los bellos , I just misunderstood am just a newbie in Vray, Hope didn't aggravate you I will give it another go.

Really appreciate your help.

Iamnoelr

Comment

no no, not at all, I think its my poor english, and...
              next time I'll write all lowercase. )

Comment

I assume you want to use an HDR taken from inside for use with an indoor environment of your own. What Ive done before is remove all the walls and render using the HDR for the GI on your other "things." Then switch and replace the walls and such and hide what you just rendered. Now render whats left. Then Comp it in Photoshop. About the best way Ive seen so far.

Hope Ive explained what I mean

Percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I think I get what u mean. I am thinking render with my furniture and stuff without the walls, then rerender with the walls showing and switch off my furniture and stuff. then rerender again for my floor and ceiling.

Then composite it all in photoshop?

I hope that makes sense.Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanx a whole lot percydaman.

Comment

no prob. the matte rollout is your friend

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                    X