guides for a better Antialiasing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guides for a better Antialiasing.

Im trying Vray Free, so im totally new at it, i use VIZ4, and without Vray it was just a matter of set the image resolution and render it, thats it, the image looked great, could have problems with light, materials modelling etc, but the final image in terms of resolution was good.

Now with Vray , you have to set up the proper AA in order to get a good image, it isnt so "straight forward" for the first time users like me.

I know is a matter of practice, and keep on tweaking te AA settings until you get the results that you want, but with my AMD 1.7XP 512 RAM, sometimes the render times are too much for just AA test and learn it.

So what im asking is, if you guys could share your experience, and tell if there are "guidelines" or "rules" when setting the AA, dont know, for example, if your image will be 800 x 600, use this "X" type of AA, if its higher better switch to "X" type of AA, or if youre using 3 or more lights, and theres water material in your image, better use X type of AA, etc.

You know tips like that, that would help news like me, once we are on track, we'll take it from there and keep on testing until we get what we want, but only this time will be faster or easier.

Thanks a lot in advance.

PS:i tried the search feature with terms like "aa settings" or "antialiasing settings", but i could spend a month looking in all the threads that founds that way.

light types and resolution has nothing to do with aa...geometry types much more. Like u have big surfaces, or grass and so..
    check this link.it'll good for start.
    http://vray.info/entry.asp?entryID=64

Comment

Working...
    X