Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FPrime - a glimpse of the things to come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPrime - a glimpse of the things to come?

You guys should notice that...

http://www.worley.com/fprime.html

Seems the future is already there.
    Maybe a way for Vray? Would be pretty cool - what do you think?
    Sascha Geddert
    www.geddart.de

That looks pretty cool!

My only question is "Why build this for Lightwave?"

I know that they have a long history with lightwave plugins but max and maya are much more widely used.

V Miller

Comment

yeah lightwave truly comes out with revolutionary products and plugins. sometimes way before other apps. Im jealous

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Just watched a few of the vids and they are amazing. talk about what active shade was supposed to be! Only problem I see is that it will speed up work flow so much that theres no way to screw off at work..haha

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
          J talk about what active shade was supposed to be!
          percy

no kidding!!!
          discreet never got it right......

this stuff is really great......I'm jealous too. Hopefully they'll make a port to max....if they wanna sell, they can ignore the max user base......

Comment

that would be fantastic .... got a few years until we get that for GI renders and Million Poly models im sure ..... would be great though
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

well it would be great if vray could do this even when not using it w/ Gi or milion poly scenes........heck, I'll take even half the speed of fprime if it could be implemented in vray...

paul.

Comment

I think this is really the way renderers will work in the future. Even if we wont get realtime Gi in the next 5 years - this sort of more an more refining and adaptive rendertechnique is the beginning of the realtime revolution in rendering.
                I imagine the underlaying architecture of FPrime is not even that complicated. When you carefully watch the FPrime videos you'll see that all fuzzy effects - gi, soft shadows, glossies, dof all seem to work with a quasi monte carlo process on a per pixel basis - no interpolation at all. The Vray QMC Sampler does the same thing as far as i understood - it add's samples until a certain threshold (contrast ratio, etc) is reached. The only difference is, that Vray doesn't display it's internal passes the way FPrime does. Additionally Vray makes heavy use of interpolation. I'm really interested what would be neccesary to turn Vray in such a "progressive renderer". I#m almost sure it's smart and fast calculation techniques would make a "progressive Vray" even faster than FPrime. (Maybe one could use the gpu for interpolation and other tasks?)

FPrime is really just the beginning and what'll follow will be fun.
                So, as John Carmack said: It's a wonderful time to be in graphics
                Sascha Geddert
                www.geddart.de

Comment

I´ve used Fprime and is not as good as they promise, is not a render engine itself, I would call it a kind of "preview rendering engine". They have a lot of work to do if they want that software become in a real option for LW users. Otherwise its a very intelligent aproach to render scenes.

Comment

Working...
                  X