sand glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sand glass

Please I need help with this material. I love Vray and I believe that there is somebody who knows where is problem. In my image is my horrible pictures with settings and bellow is what I need. Thanks..

Your material is actually nice. I would work on the environment and lighting. The photographer probably spent some time getting the lighting and reflections to work.

--Jon

Probably no hard, point lights just soft, area lights.

Comment

have you tried vray mats.. ?
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

re

I thing that my material is´t too good , Have you some idea how to perfect lighting scenes? Realistic shadows and of course coustic. I have a problems With details on car. Thanks

Comment

Add a falloff map in your self illumination and or reflectivity.. I'd suggest starting with a mostly black -> black perp/parallell setting to start with, and adjust the 'paralell' color from there to suit.

Good luck, almost there
          Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Well it looks like you're using just one light. I would suggest starting with all VRay area rectangles. One light from the upper front (Key Light), one from directly on top (Rim Light) one from the side opposing the Key light (Fill Light). After you get this setup you can move the Side and Rim slightly forward and backwards and the Key slightly up and down. This is just an educated guess and you might not get exactly what you're looking for but it's a start.

I guess I just glanced at it the first time but after looking at your material again I see you're using Oren-Nayar-Blinn. This isn't a good idea with VRay and doesn't really lend itself to glass. You should also have VRayMap in the Reflection slot with a Fresnel Falloff in the Filter color slot. But like Natty mentioned, I think a VRay material would work much better.

--Jon

Comment

re

Thanks a lot boys. The Oren-Nayar-Blinn material is mistake I know. Please Could you tell me something about shadows? As J_BUG write about lights, May I use shadows in all lights? Or only with fill lights. Thanks.

Comment

try using an hdri to light and reflect in your scene... and a vray light set to not store with IIR map
                Natty

Comment

re

Thanks everybody.There is my results.Thanks

Comment

Looks much better.
                    So what was your final technique?

Do you have your environment color set to black? Are you using any environment overide?

--Jon

Comment

yeah much better
                      Natty

Comment

I think

I think that the backside of the model inside the glass should be visible a little

try with double sided too and maybe u could play with the filter effect in the extended parameters (standard material) like add

bye
                        Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

Working...
                        X