VRayToon & PFlow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayToon & PFlow

Is it possible to exclude a particle system from VRayToon? I can add the emitter to the exclude list but it still renders with outlines, is there any trick?
    www.short-cuts.de

You need to exclude the PFlow events rather than the main PFlow source (the event nodes are listed in the V-Ray log).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok, sounds good but i need some more help. how do i add a event to the exclude list?
      When i click on add and open up the scene listener to pick an object i cant find any events, just the PF Source.
      http://prntscr.com/2q1f74

thanks for the fast reply.
      www.short-cuts.de

Comment

There is probably a much better way, but here is what I did:

In the MaxScript editor, type:
        Code:
        select $PF*
        This selects everything related to PFlow (sources, events etc). Then go to Group > Group to create (surprise!) a group out of those objects. Then I excluded the group from VRayToon.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

just wanted to report back that the maxscript code and grouping trick works pretty good, thanks for that
          maybe you can make it more convenient to exclude a pflow system with vray toon in a future update.
          www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Originally posted by Olli96 View Post
            maybe you can make it more convenient to exclude a pflow system with vray toon in a future update.
            This would be something for Autodesk... although we could write our own include/exclude dialog, I've been thinking about it for a while anyways.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

If you do, please include an exclude by layer option too.

thanks
              Greg

Comment

Working...
              X