Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long render times baffling

Calling all VRayians

I have a scene with quite a few ies lights, a few textures maps (27 jpegs at max file size 130k) no glossies and it takes about 30 mins on a dual xeon rendered at pal rez. with glossies it looks delicious but cant afford render times over 1hr (this is an animation of 2400 frames with atriums and moving doors and lifts) I cant think of why it takes so long. so am looking for help from any angle (deadline approaching) help help help

If more info required please let me know..

Thanks everyone

G A L A C T U S

I think a big hit is the shadows of the ies lights, are they area?
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Nah just regular point lights with vray shadows. There is Glazing in the atrium (6flrs) of which on all floors there is half height fritting i have done these as with a vray material, grey scale map with no color info 67kb, with trhe obj off still takes for ever. I have just completed an animation with a polycount of 2.8million with glossies and reflections took about 35mins max.

Scene Stats

objects: 2945
      lights: 141 (half photometric)
      poly: 390984

which is not too large for a 6 flr external and internal model,with furniture

Comment

after some tests i would appear to be the ies lights that are creating the long render times, more conclusive results later.

Comment

its been known for awhile that using ies lights will definitely incur a hit in render times.

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
          X