Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can I create a clored glass material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can I create a clored glass material?

Ok, I have to render this building, that's mainly composed with a large translucent glass pierced with transparent purple windows. I've created two materials to try to render the violet colored glass. One that has the same color in diffuse and fog color (which I assume controls the color of what is seen through) almost no reflection, and another one with the same parameters but the opposite color in the refraction slot ( a greenish for the purple color of my glass). None of them seems to give the feeling that the glass is purple.

As somebody here encoutered the same situation?

Actually you'll have much better luck if you put your color into the Refraction filter.. for instance, instead of a white refraction color.. make it to be whatever color you wish.. Go very lightly with the saturation.. as it makes a huge difference.
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Thank you for your quick answer, but I guess I had tryied that already before using the fog slot. I'll try again I guess. Sometimes you make things more comples than they are... I'll post another message to let everybody now if it worked or not( and if I've found another solution).

Comment

Ok I'm an ass it's working perfectly that way. Thanks for putting me back on tracks.

Comment

Working...
        X