need help - blue splotches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help - blue splotches

Im messing around with the Sponza atrium, so i can learn more about Vray, im not using Photon mapping, just irradiance maps, and direct computation for secondary bounces. (nevermind the Antialiasing, is just a test)

As you can see in the picture, theres a lot of splotches, i still need to do more tweaking, so any tips would be appreciatted, however, those arent my main concern, the ones that are giving me trouble, are those "blue glowing splotches" just above the columns capitals, see them?

Why that happens?, any idea on how to get rid of them?

Thanks.

I cant see the image but glowing colours at the tops of the columns were usually due to a bitmapo cropping bug. Try to apply cropping to your maps and that may take care of it. I know there was a script floating around to take care of it and Vlado released a fix for max 5 in the DL section of the V-Ray site.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

cant see it?.....mmmm.....i can....maybe cuz i upload the picture in the CGarchitect site, and if youre not registered there, you cant see it....i dont know....im gonna try to upload it somwhere else.

Comment

how about now?

Comment

Yup that looks like the cropping issue.

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

this has been fixed in the newer realeases.. i believe
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

thanks syclone, it was the cropping issue.

But i dont understand why, the map texture looks ok.

Comment

jedisalf, are you using max 6?
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

There wont be anything wrong with the map.
                  Its a bug in Max 5.x Not sure if it was fixed in 6.x but I havnt had any issues yet with 6.x
                  Also Like I was saying earlier if you are a registered user, on the V-Ray site in the member DL section you can get a patch for 5.x that Vlado was kind ehough to post

-dave
                  Cheers,
                  -dave

Comment

didnt Vlado do a max5 material recompile ??
                    Natty
                    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Didn't syclone1 just say that?
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

I think I did

-dave
                        Cheers,
                        -dave

Comment

Yeah, it was on MAX 5.

No, im not registered, im using Vray Free at home, but that test was done on a friends office, i go there from time to time when they let me, so i practice other vray features, they have Vray advanced, dunno if they patched, looks like they dont, ill tell them.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X