Hair with Mblur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair with Mblur?

Hey guys working on some characters that have alot of fur (ornatrix) and they have a nice about of mblur, was wanting to hear how you guys are avoiding some crazy render times. or any tricks you guys are doing when rendering fur. Thanks in advanced!
    PLAY
    www.kriscabrera.com
    kris@kriscabrera.com

How long is it taking to render now with 3D blur?

The other option would be to go with 2D blur, but unfortunately we don't generate a velocity channel for Ornatix yet - will try to fix this as soon as I get back from Siggraph.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

at the moment i have a medium shot on the character and hes walking toward camera so hes always moving and render times are average about 5 hours, and its still got some noise, would love to show the frame but i cant. noise thresh is about .007 Dmc Min 1/Max40 Adaptive .85 . sound crazy to you? It would be awesome to impliment that
      Last edited by kriscabrera15; 05-08-2014, 11:15 AM.
      PLAY
      www.kriscabrera.com
      kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

Hm, which V-Ray version is this? Such a long render time is not normal. You can email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com - it would be great if you can provide the scene or parts of it for debugging.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

currently we are using 3.05.07. Let me talk with the crew here and see what i could hand over for debugging, thanks vlado!
          PLAY
          www.kriscabrera.com
          kris@kriscabrera.com

Comment

Working...
          X