Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatic Camera Exposure for Time Lapse Animation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Camera Exposure for Time Lapse Animation?

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knew of, or how to create an automated function for adjusting the exposure on Vray's physical camera relative to the brightness of the light in the scene? (much like real video cameras do). For example moving from outside a building to the inside. I want to avoid manually key-framing the shutter exposure....is there a better way!?

Cheers,

If the sun is moving at a constant speed, I'd key the camera settings at steady points along the sequence. Every 25 or 50 frames? And then in post add a bit of jitter to the exposure if you need it to feel a bit rougher from frame to frame.
    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Thanks Brendan, that's the way I've been doing it too. Looking for a more automated solution to cope with different lighting conditions as well, for example time lapse HRDI's, inside to outside motion paths though buildings etc. I've got zero programming experience but I'm sure there is some way to do it. Maybe a plug-in or MEL script that reads brightness of the scene (not sure how-would probably have to look at how the microprocessors in video cameras work) and then apply some function to the ISO or shutter speed to match. I'm sure the talented programmers at Chaos group could make it work!

Thanks, Pete

Comment

Working...
      X