Getting a light select pass with VrayLightMtl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a light select pass with VrayLightMtl

Is it possible to create a light select element in a scene where light cards are using the VrayLightMtl as light source? I tried adding the "light" geometry to the light select set but it through black.

Also, As I am playing with light select elements, it seems that the VrayLightDome isn't registering in the light select pass. It's added to the "set" but doesn't contribute to the element itself.

thank you!
    Last edited by freedomfries; 10-02-2015, 06:07 PM.

I don't think this will work with lightMtl. But it will work with meshLights. Also there shouldn't be any problems with the dome light.
    What's your VRay and Maya versions? Maybe if you attach a scene where this doesn't work with the dome light we could see what's wrong there.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Actually extracting light contribution from lightMtl with lightSelect is on our to-do list. I just can't promise when we'll get to implement it.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
        I don't think this will work with lightMtl. But it will work with meshLights. Also there shouldn't be any problems with the dome light.
        What's your VRay and Maya versions? Maybe if you attach a scene where this doesn't work with the dome light we could see what's wrong there.
        Thank you for the responses! Regarding the dome light, it's maya 2014, Vray 3.05.04. I can't submit the scene for disclosure reasons, but I'll try it outside of our pipeline to see if I can get it to work as you said.

Thank you

Comment

The LightSelect render element works fine with VRayDomeLight on our side with the V-Ray 3.05.04 for Maya build.
          Please send us an example scene with that issue, either on our e-mail : suport@chaosgroup.com or attached here.
          Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X