HELP: how to disable Z-Buffer's antialiasing in MAX 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: how to disable Z-Buffer's antialiasing in MAX 5

I'm working on a program where from an image, and using the z-buffer layer from the picture and the camera information, the program generates new camera angles or points of views from the same scene.

But I have a huge problem: As I use z-buffer for distance, and as 3d Studio Max 5 returns an antialiased z-buffer, the program interprets those pixels that are middle tones between black and white (due to antialiasing) as different positions in the space, so, that creates ugly results when the program tries to reconstruct the same scene from another point of view.

I need help: Does anybody knows how to get the z-buffer channel without antialiasing??? I have tried everything and it appears that its antialiasing is absolutely independent from the render settings.

Any help on how to solve this will be sooooo apreciated!! Thank you!

Regards,

Hutzz

Sorry to seem like an arse, but have you tried browsing the forum or doing a search? I know of at least 2 semi active topics that discuss z-buffers and ways to produce them. Too tired to paste the links here now
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

what program are you working with? Sounds very interesting.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Oh and V-Rays Z-Depth is not antialiased Just activate in the g-buffer /color mapping roll-out
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

You are totally right trixian, I have been very stupid... I don't know why I supposed that there wouldn't be any subject regarding such an specific issue... but I was stupidly wrong...

I apologize again... I don't know why I was so dumb...

Comment

oh my...now I do feel like an arse
            I was very tired when I wrote that reply, and it comes off a bit nasty.
            Signing out,
            Christian

Comment

Working...
            X