darned louvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darned louvers

ok. need help here. maybe one of you would be able to help. today is the last day i can do testing on this. need to get it rendering properly.

i cant get the @#$#@#$ louvers to be clean. i tried tonnes of settings

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

You can't really see much through that geometry and assuming that you're not rendering much closer. You could place one against the wall, in full sunlight, and bake the lighting to a map. Then of course reapply it to a new box for each.

Comment

exactly how this "baking" works?

DOes anyone knows a link to an explanation or tutorial?

Ive been reading about "bake3d" on some threads, but i have no idea what exactly is this or how it works.

Comment

Check out the evermotion forum there are some cool tutorials for Bake3D....

Cheers

Neil

Comment

Thats why I normally use direct comp. It does take a little longer per frame, but your problems will be solved. I suppose you could also use the add to irradiance map and render a couple close frames of each louvre to store into the Imap.
          www.seraph3d.com
          Senior Generalist
          Industrial Light & Magic

Environment Creation Tutorial
          Environment Lighting Tutorial

Comment

that would have worked. however there are about 50 windows so about 100 louvers hehe. actually i followed the advice to make it an image and paste it on box. i didnt want to have to but the client probably will never know

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

to avoid this, render a higher res, and take more samples (-2 1, -2 0, until you get nice results)

Comment

i was using -3/0 for my min max. however rendering at higher res works for still. but this is to be a 600 frame rotation around the house. ouch.

Comment

Working...
                X