Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

post translate script combining 3dsmax vray scene with maya vray scene at render time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post translate script combining 3dsmax vray scene with maya vray scene at render time

I've used the post translate to append the current vrscene file with the vrscene file from massive and render in vray standalone, but am I wasting my time trying to do the same thing with appending a max vrcene file to a maya vrscene file? And why would I do that?

FumeFx for max works correctly and doesn't work correctly in maya. They have said as much. You don't get the normals, velocity or depth render elements as you do with max from the maya vray render. This has to do with the implementation of FumeFx in maya, not VRay.

My thought then was can I export the vrscene file from Max, then append it to the maya file using post translate and have it work? What can I expect to go wrong? Will the render elements assigned in max carry over to the maya scene it's appended to? Due to being post-translate, we should be talking all VRay at this point, and nothing to do with the 3D packages it comes from.

Sure, it's a cruddy work around, but it's a work around.

-ctj
    http://www.a52.com

It won't work, since FumeFX uses the 3ds Max rendering API; there is nothing to go into the .vrscene file.

My advice would be to use the VRayVolumeGrid to render the FumeFX caches.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

when we bring the .f3d cache files into the VRayVolumeGrid or Phoenix, we don't get the velocity, normals or depth render elements, like we do from rendering via the Fumefx VRay shader in Max.
      http://www.a52.com

Comment

There is no problem to get these elements. I think you have to use the "geometry" mode of the volume grid though. If you have any doubts, post a scene and we'll help you set it up.

Best regard,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X