Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions and 1 tip.

Hey Vray masters, i got 2 questoins (newbie type) and 1 tip:

1- I noticed in some users settings and for instance in Natty's "room illumination video tutorial", under the Vray Global Switches, he unchecks Default Lights option. What does this do?...or means?

2- Im not a MAX expert neither, so.....is there a way to set Vray always as the default renderer?....is annoying to open MAX and everytime select Vray as the renderer.

And now, is not all about question, i can give some tips also

Maybe a lot of you already do the following, or maybe you never though about it, is a pretty simple tip:

People wonders why the Vray lights are always facing the wrong way, so most users solution is just either turn the vray lights 180 degrees or make them 2 sides, i think it would be easier if you just change your viewport view, when creating a Vray light, so if you wanna make a ceiling light, instead of creating it in the TOP viewport, just switch to BOTTOM view and create the light, then go back to the TOP viewport.

Pretty easy.....and dumb.....hehe

hi
    unchecking the default lights means that you can just have skylight ... by default max has a standard set of lights and this disables it. i do this because im a creator of habbit and its really not needed as soon as you use a vray light.

there is a presets option in vray where you can save your vray settings.

and the vray light has been fixed for the next version of vray
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I know this works with version 5 and earlier. You can set up a scene with all the settings you want and save that scene to the following folder with the following name and max will automatically load that file everytime you start or reset max.

maxstart.max
      C:3dsmax5scenes
      www.seraph3d.com
      Senior Generalist
      Industrial Light & Magic

Environment Creation Tutorial
      Environment Lighting Tutorial

Comment

Or you can always set up a complete scene (the settings i mean) and save a "vray template" and every time when u open max, just go to open reacent, and select this template... which btw not only can save the vray stuff, you can save your units, preferred lights or hdr etc etc. I use this system and i think it cant get any easier than that!
        Best Regards.

Jorge Zamudio.

Comment

Working...
        X