Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enhancing bifrost support

Hello-

Any chance vray will be enhancing it's bifrost support? Specifically the ability to render the bifrost liquid, foam and aero shaders directly (i.e. without converting and/or exporting meshes and .prt)? That would be a big help, thanks.

The bifrost liquid material is supported, without the foam part. There is also a basic support for the aero shader. Of course, we will work on improving this.
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Thanks. Except that you need to mesh the fluid - which isn't necessarily bad - but for look dev it would be nice to not have too.

And yes foam would be good. Basically anything to keep us from having to use mr.

Comment

You don't need meshing in Maya 2016 since Bifrost released an API to access voxel data. V-Ray supports it.

Comment

Really? That's exciting. But what version of vray? We're on 2016 sp4 vray 3.10.01 and I can't find a way to get that work. What am I missing?

Comment

Not sure. What happens when you get a Bifrost example - for example bridgeFall.ma since it's not using meshing, and hit render? It should render as is.

Comment

I just made a super simple bifrost sim and tried to render and I get an empty viewport with vray. But I just noticed this:

// Error: VRay: Could not load the Bifrost module! You will not be able to render Bifrost as isosurface or metaball. Error is:[loadLib] dlopen failed: dlopen(/Applications/Autodesk/maya2016/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libvraybifrost.so, 5): image not found //

in the startup, so I'm guessing that's the issue. Not sure why that is though. I did re-did a standard vray install, and I still get the error. Any ideas?

Comment

sorry, that should say "an empty RENDER with vray"

Comment

Oh, yes, sorry, this doesn't work on OSX. We should be able to fix this for the next SP or at least Maya 2017.

Comment

gah!
                    ok, meshing it is...

Comment

Any update on this for OS X? The docs for 3.4 seem to indicate I can render bifrost natively but might still be an OS X limitation? I hate that... Also, what about foam?

Comment

We're currently working on it, I'll update the thread as soon as we are ready.
                        Ivan Shaykov
                        chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by shaio View Post
                          We're currently working on it, I'll update the thread as soon as we are ready.
                          Thanks Ivan. I really hope it's a priority

Comment

Working...
                          X