Bucket and Single Frame Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket and Single Frame Mode

In Vray: Advanced Irradiance Map Parameters....

what's the difference between "Bucket Mode" and "Single Frame". And which is best for professional rendering.

Tell me in terms of static image and full animation.

I am new to vray but I think if u use bucket mode, vray will calculate each region of image(bucket) seperately from begin to the end and later jump to another buket. Single frame means vray calculates the whole image step by step (prepass---->......-----> rendering).

It means that if u use bucket mode u can see the final result of image partly. If u use single frame u have to wait after the rendering process finish to see the final effect.

Just my 2 cents.

-----------
    sorry for my broken english

Comment

u r right but in bucket mode also vray doing prepass.

And finally which is better in both aspects.

Comment

In bucket mode, vray divides image into parts and process prepass, rendering... on each part. After finish one, it switch to another.
        In single frame mode, vray considers image as only one part and process prepass on the whole image and later rendering.

I think, in term of quality they are same.

But u can choose between bucket mode & single frame by specific circumstances in order to view the change of adjustments. It is useful for large files with a lot of geometries.
        By using bucket mode, U can stop rendering process if u find some thing need to adjust more.
        However, by using single frame, u have to wait after prepass steps finish to see part of image rendered.

Lets take some tests.

----------
        sorry for my broken English

Comment

Bucket mode has the advantage in that it only does the IRMaps/whatever for the current buckets. It has the disadvantage that, to try and smooth the borders across buckets, it does an overlapping area for every bucket also. Another disadvantage is that in lower light settings values it will have artifacts because of the variations in the light solutions from bucket to bucket.

So for local renders bucket mode will do more calculations then for the others. Its great for spot checks on concentrated areas though. and also for use with the render strips option in network render dialog because it will only calculate the areas needed on each of the render slaves.

Its good for some things.. but know why!
          Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

I 've got some image to illustrate your ideas. But I don't know how to post it here on the forum.

Could you show me how to do?

Comment

Thanks guys for your wonderful explanation.

Hieu, Please send the images on ashras99@fastmail.fm for more understanding the concept.

Comment

Working...
              X