Where to begin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to begin.

Got Vray, curious about it, but dont know whee to begin and want to hear from somone who is already into it, i have Brazil 1.2 installed currently, so i was wondering if vray is going to be really a lot of hustle after installing. I mean how many variables must i determine before i have a good render? Oh and if someone can point me in the right direction as to information about this, that would be appreciated...

to begin on a simple exterior scene i would suggest setting

AA to adaptive and leave it at its default settings (not saying it the best. just giving you a starting point)

you then want to turn on your indirect illumination.

Use irradiance map for now and set min max to something like -3 -1

nrm thresh clr thres and dist i usually set to 0.3 for all. (these things are explained in the help file as to what they actually do)

secondary bounce put the multiplier to 0.75 and maybe something like 8 bounces would do nicely. maybe 10

Environment rollout
    turn on the override max and set the multiplier to 0.5 and not so blue. a very very very very light blue might look a little better.

Add a direct light to your scene and put its multiplier to 0.6 and turn on shadows and choose vray shadow.

These are the basic starting point settings i use then i start to customise. I will usually start ballancing light in the scene by changing the multipliers of the direct light and the vray environment light. when ive gone as far as that takes me i can then further ballance light and dark in the color mapping section.

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

If you already are very familiar with brazil, the transition to Vray shoudl be simple. They are based on similar concepts and based on similar approaches, especially with GI. You may find that you have a few more controles with Vray in terms of GI, and you may find that you have better controle over your shaders in Brazil. There are also some good tutorials here:

http://www.evermotion.org/?unfold=tu...utorials=4#1.4

Comment

Working...
      X