Warning regading overbright and invalid color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning regading overbright and invalid color

Sometimes, in some scenes you guys always face this type of problem or error in "vray log window".

Problem
    ----------

warning: Material returned overbright or invalid color {object "Body", RGB: -1.#IND -1.#IND -1.#IND}

what's the meaning of this whole line.

i think this lines explains that some color in the object "Body" is overbright or invalid.

But how any color can be invalid ? and what is "-1.#IND". Is this is the bug or something else. And this problem will solved in the upcoming Vray 1.5

your material is vray or standard material?

I think if u apply vray materials to all of objects in your scenes, it won't happen.

Just opinion of a novice one!

Comment

Hmm

i am not sure. Am i right, i think, invallid color could mean, vray did comput an energy value, that the monitor and usual rgb colors are not able to display correctly.
      think of hdri. while the white wall allways is whit, the sun beneath also looks white on your screen, but has much more energy.

maybe this warning indicates, that vray did dedtect such an overbright, heave energy area, that has more energy availble, as your rgb monitor can display.

Tom

Comment

guys i think we all not sure, only programmer can explain.

but hieu, i applied vray material on all objects in the scene and infact if i use standard max material then vray have to compatible with that.

Comment

typically i get this message when i don't have UVW cordinates applied to an object that has a texture map on it. i don't know if this is the only thing that causes this error, but it does cause this error.

Comment

if you don't have the uvw map then this problem may come but that's not the only reason of this problem.

Comment

You're probably using linear color mapping and it's when vray gives too much energy to an object it is literally, 'Overbright,' meaning that it's beyond the color white. This is impossible however, so it just displays it as white. Exponential and HSV don't have this problem.

Comment

Working...
              X