Rendering contests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering contests

Greetings eveyone, one thing that ive seen on other forums and places such as http://hdri.cgtechniques.com/%7Esibenik2/ is a great idea.

Basicly, eveyone is on the same level going into lighting and rendering the scene. I belive that we should start soemthing like this, where one person either contributes an image or a model, and whom ever wants to can join on in.

Examples..

What do you guys think?

its a good idea but you will need a new section in the forum for Challenges, you will also need someone to set up the polling system which i think i can do i think.

i'll have a chat to Vlado to see if we can have a new section for challenges and challenge ideas.

what do others think?
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Well it doesnt even have to be a "Contest" per say, mainly just a "post what you did, and possibly how you went about it" I mean there is no need to formally anounce anything, mainly because all entrants will sort of know which one is the best.

It would just be nice to see different people takleing the same scenes.

Comment

I think it's a chance for a novice one like me to correct my settings and theory and learn from others on this forum.

Comment

i think its a great idea!

Chris Jackson
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

same here!!!

definatly a good idea.....and as lordshaitan mentioned, it doesn't have to be a challenge or a contenxt per se, but it could be even to demonstrate techniques and different approches......some could be context as well....

good idea....got my vote, natty

paul.

Comment

Working...
            X