Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...more GI detail?

Hi...

Been playing around with some animations in Vray, using combination of Photon- and Irr. Maps (according to Vlados basic guide to photon mapping).

My problem.. well one of them... is that i cant get enough detail in the GI solution... Ive tried a number of settings, and keep getting artifacts in the cornicing where the walls and roof meet.

Image is a bit overbright, but you should be able to see what i mean... (should probably change colormap to expoHSV instead of linear)

The image is for a PAL sized animation - Can anyone get a better result? any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Model:

www.hosjonas.dk/upload/Interior_Gsecond_01.zip
    Jonas Andersen
    Cadpeople | Visual Communication
    www.cadpeople.com

Hi jonasa..

Had a go at your file and there wasnt a lot wrong with it apart from, AA settings a little low, Increased the max density settings for Photons to 60, and Photon bounces to 20, ticked Convex Hull Estimate, Reduced your IRR presets to medium purely for render times, change your colour mapping to Exponential, also Checked .. Check sample visability, AAsettings to 0 / 3. I stopped your vray lights from storing with IRR map so they will produce better shadows, Subdivs = 20 for each light.... And thats about it. What rendertimes are you getting with your settings? cos these settings arn't fast at all

Hope this is of some help

Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Natty...

Really appriciate that - as well as your general contribution to this forum.

Will have a go at your setting today... yes rendertimes will be an issue (as usual) - but this is still in testing phase. Comparing to the detail and speed we get from Lightscape as well as final render.

Thanks again...

Jonas
      Jonas Andersen
      Cadpeople | Visual Communication
      www.cadpeople.com

Comment

Working...
      X