Compositing Reflections ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compositing Reflections ?

I've rendered out a background of a bathroom, Im just about to render out some liquid effects that need to be composited back over the "background". I can get the liquids to make shadows onto the bathroom objects, not a problem, however how do I get the background objects to reflect the liquid ?

I was thinking maybe I can make them fully reflective at different percentage levels [so chrome stuff near 100% reflective and tiles say 30% reflective] and then just composite it back over the top ?

If someone can help PLEASE do, I've nearly finished my first vray project [not that great but i've learn a huge ammount].

your gonna want to use the new version and render out reflection passes.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I'd love to use the new version of 1.5 but I cannot await its release since I should probably hand this in at the end of the week, this is pritty much my last problem its not essential that I get the reflection onto the bathroom but it would just keep things consistent.

Comment

i think he is refering to 1.45.70

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Ah ok, im still not going to be able to update this, im not in charge.

Comment

omeN - check your other thread

Chris Jackson
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
            X