• Show
Clear All

• 3rd Party Render manager

Hi All

Anybody seen or used this......

http://www.rpmanager.com/screenshots.htm

Regards

GALACTUS

wow! that just looks sick! Im not completely sure of all its capabilities or reason for being, but it looks complicated.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

looks like osmosis has used it. After looking at it more, it looks like something that is indispensable if you can figure it all out. LOL

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

well looks to me like an example of the principle that programmers shouldn't design interfaces.
        Marc Lorenz
        ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
        www.marclorenz.com
        www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Man thats just nasty, looking at that it looks like someone took all the floating tool bars from max's interface and stuck them in 1 floating menu. Looks like it mite take a bit getting used to.

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

F**K THAT
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

LOL natty

-dave
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Hehe, a render manager like RPM is a bit daunting at first but it is much better than trying to keep track of 10 intertwined Max files with several render layers each...
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

This has been around for quite a while. And it is very useful. The UI might be compact, but you don't really want to scroll all over the place when setting up passes.
                  Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

I've looked at it a while back....yeah the interface does take some getting used to...hehe

Blur has a free render pass manager, I think it's called "render elements".....hopefully they'll release a version that works w/ vray

paul.

Comment

I spoke via email to someone who frequents this forum not too long ago...I won't say who in case he'd rather not be put on the spot. He was in the process of writting a "render elements" like script for managing passes with vray and said it was nearing completion. FYI
                      www.seraph3d.com
                      Senior Generalist
                      Industrial Light & Magic

Environment Creation Tutorial
                      Environment Lighting Tutorial

Comment

RPM looks quite daunting at first, but all those tabs come in handy and makes sense after you have used it for a while.
                        Render Managers are by nature quite complex, to cater for all the options and features of the many 3rd party renderers on the market.

We have been using RPM for a while now and it has becom an indispensible part of our workflow.
                        If you are rendering in passes, layers, or multiple cameras a render manager is the way to go.
                        sigpic

Vu Nguyen
                        -------------------------
                        www.loftanimation.com.au

Comment

:: It looks great... it makes the rest of you look like idiots because it is an interface you're not familiar with. It works for me! ::

Comment

:: It looks great... it makes the rest of you look like idiots because it is an interface you're not familiar with. It works for me! ::
                            huh?

Comment

wtf? Im thinking the idiot hat is coming rite back at ya.

-dave
                              Cheers,
                              -dave

Comment

Working...
                              X